Questions For RFPs¶
It is a challenge to vet agencies during the RFP (Request for Proposal) stage. You may be including the development of the ‘what’ in the RFP so it’s entirely possible that very few technical details will be known at the RFP stage.
However there are a few questions you can include in the RFP to tease out potential risks. Any risks should be mitigated by addressing them specifically in the SOW/Contract.
Questions To Include In An RFP
- Have they launched projects similar to what you are asking for? If so, include examples and include links to source code if available.
- Do they work on projects similar in scale to what you are asking for? If so, include examples and include links to source code if available?
- What will be the composition of the team working on this project? What are each person’s expertise and experience?
- Do they have engineers on staff who will be responsible for this work? If sub-contracted, who are the subcontractors?
- What is their preferred/proposed tech stack for this application?